Monday, November 7, 2011

Dreaming of Spain

This morning somebody emailed me asking about what it'd be like to travel around Spain. It was an instant pick-me-up. I spent the rest of my morning daydreaming about my trip to Spain back in 2007. I travelled there with my cousin and aunties, and it was easily one of the best trips I'd ever taken. It was like a Joy Luck Club reunion for us. Three generations of my family met up, and the missing pieces of my old estranged life were filled in.
Photobucket
Photobucket

I've always been the type of person who'd do whatever they want whenever they wanted. (especially if I really set my heart to it) I fell in love with Spain and still wish that I'd be able take my family there one day. I hope that I can still wander even if I still have major commitments in my life.

Photobucket
Meeting my Basque grand aunt for the first time ever. She lives in Madrid.

Photobucket
hanging out in Toledo


Photobucket
two laughing Spaniards, after we looked at some Picasso


Photobucket
befriending Ruben a vegan protester


Photobucket
dreaming an impossible dream in La Mancha

Photobucket
singing The Clash in Granada


Photobucket
Cordoba


Photobucket



Photobucket
Sevilla

Some of the best times...

3 comments:

  1. Such cool photos. Spain is awesome! I hope you do go back. I want to go back too and explore it further!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @V YES! I was so close to Portugal! My step-father says it's his favourite place in the whole world! Hopefully next time too :)

    @Gabby YES! Hope that one day we can meet up with you there, and you can show us around your hometown. :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & say hello! If you have one, I'll check out your blog too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...