Saturday, January 14, 2012

Dunedin/South Island Nov. 2011 (part one)

I'll be mixing in these backdated updates from our trip in November. This was my first time to the South Island and the furthest South I have ever been in the world! Dunedin is the second largest city in the South Island.
Photobucket

These were my first impressions of Mosgiel, Dunedin and the surrounding area.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

These guys were so cool sitting on their hotel window. The Bob Dylan-esque man was playing harmonica, and he waved to me. I tried to envision what the Flying Nun days were like in this old music scene.
Photobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket
We walked around the Octagon area (centre city), and took photos in front of St. Paul's Cathedral.

Photobucket
Photobucket
There is a strong Scottish influence in Dunedin's history and architecture.
Photobucket


Photobucket
House of Vintage cape | Cotton On cardigan | Valleygirl blouse | F21 leggings | Tommy Hilfiger bag | thrifted boots

I wore my vintage cape, which was basically a nice warm blanket. It was perfect to travel in.

And this was only the beginning...beer and chocolate were to be had! We've become loyal to these iconic NZ/Dunedin brands.

More to come!

1 comment:

  1. hehe love the scottish influence in your photo ;)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & say hello! If you have one, I'll check out your blog too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...