Monday, June 6, 2011

WIWT: Op Art Prints & Guerilla Street Style Warfare

Last weekend, we were really excited to see some punk and garage bands. Our friends The Debutantes & Headaches were finally playing a show! :) Just before the band went on the PA broke!

So Chris (reluctantly) & I took the opportunity to take some style photos outside. We were in Newmarket, and the only place to covertly take some style photos was in this questionable shopping centre. Just as we were finishing up, some scary looking guy starting walking STRAIGHT for us! (I've been mugged once before and wasn't going to let this happen to me once again.) I told Chris to "@#($*@&#($& RUN." I bolted across the street and Chris thought I was insane. It felt like we were secretly going against the law to take some street style photos. LOL! We ran back to the venue, and it all felt forbidden.

Photobucket
thrifted Op Art turtleneck and coat | F21 jeans | UO shoes

Photobucket
Factory girl inspired

Photobucket

I have never worn the top and the coat before, which has been in my closet for nearly two years, so hooray for that!

I felt really sick by the time the first band went on, so I went home. (I had minor surgery earlier in the day, so I thought I could hang.) Apparently, I'm not that tough.

2 comments:

  1. I've been searching for years for a turtleneck like that! Where can I find one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got really lucky and found it while thrifting, but try Ebay or Etsy

    I just found these :) Let me know if you ever find one! I'd love to see it.

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/78359470/vintage-70s-ladies-mock-turtleneck-op?ref=sr_gallery_1&sref=&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=op+art+turtleneck&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintage

    http://www.etsy.com/listing/91880220/vintage-mod-graphic-print-turtleneck?ref=sr_gallery_7&sref=&ga_search_submit=&ga_search_query=op+art+turtleneck&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_type=vintage&ga_facet=vintage

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & say hello! If you have one, I'll check out your blog too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...