Monday, September 12, 2011

Much Love Monday: September 12, 2011

Happy Monday! I've had a surprisingly good day (for a Monday) and had a great festive weekend with Rugby World Cup 2011 underway. It currently feels like New Zealand is hosting the Olympics. Opening ceremony started on Friday with an exquisite fireworks show, dramatic light and image projections, traditional dances (the haka), singing, dancing, flags, formations etc. etc. etc.

1. Explosions in the sky...from the opening night. This is the view from our apartment!

PhotobucketPhotobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucket
I wandered the streets in search of my countrymen and found one American lad who proudly smiled as I waved my flag to him. He was wearing the US flag as a cape and a New Zealand shirt. As was I! I'll show you my other ridiculous Americana themed outfit later.


2. long distance convos over the phone with my mom and my cousin = quick pick-me-up


It's September 11th, and I'm thinking about all those lives that were lost on that day and many years after. Some never even had a chance at life. My heart will always hurt for this.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, fireworks, cool! The festive atmosphere sounds like fun =)

    And also...thank you for listing me with your links! And for writing about the flea market! It was incredible. I really can't wait to go back.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & say hello! If you have one, I'll check out your blog too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...