Thursday, July 21, 2011

My fabulous friends, City Dwelling & Themed Parties

Hello my friends! Aside from working lots of overtime and a minor cold, I've been a bit more social lately. Which I find strangely odd, since it's the middle of winter. I'm used to hibernating until the temps rise again.

About two weeks ago, I went to a party ALL BY MYSELF and only knew two people there. One, who was the birthday celebrant and the other who was his lovely partner! They were understandably busy being hosts. LOL. It was a bit intimidating since prominent New Zealand musicians were at this party. There were moments where I felt like I was going to have a panic attack like when I had nowhere to stand alone, but I made it through okay. I was introduced to a guy named B. He was really nice. At the end of the night, he revealed his music projects. I responded with, "OH WOW, I've seen your guys' music videos on TV." :P Needless to say, I didn't take any photos at this party.


Big shout out:
Photobucket
I went to see a play our friend Rey (see: middle) directed at the Short & Sweet festival! His play called, "A Bit of A Blow" was entertaining and had a great unexpected twist. And do you see that lovely lady on the left? That's Gabby and she just handed in her PHD thesis!!! Congrats to her, and I'm glad she can finally enjoy a long holiday without any stress. I am surrounded by greatness. Excuse my perma-messy hair and straight-up haggardness.

Photobucket
Stylish Rey

That weekend Chris & I did our usual weekend city walk and wander.
Photobucket
thrifted trench coat | Mossimo shirt and sweater | Gap jeans | Cotton On shoes


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And then we went to our friends' themed party. "Be your high school self." :)
My husband (see: left) went as Bill Haverchuck from Freak & Geeks!
Photobucket
some funny high school labels here:
geek, freak, emo kid, school girl & goth

Photobucket
Bill is in the middle. Chris really pulled it off well eh!?

I basically wore a big hoodie and some jeans. That was my look when I was 14. It took me less than 5 minutes to get dressed. Chris loved it, and thinks that I should wear that look more often. HAHA!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Sweetie,

    You are uber brave to go to a party alone, I could never do that!

    I am so awkward, I would probably be a wallflower the whole night with people thinking who is that weird scary girl in the corner? ;)

    Anyways I love your hair product suggestion, and I actually blogged bout those cat shoes some entries back hehe! ♥♥


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! Addie, I'm the one who's the noob! :P

    When I walked home, I felt like I accomplished something so great! Major confidence boost.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment & say hello! If you have one, I'll check out your blog too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...