Thursday, July 28, 2011

New Zealand: Lord of the Rings Country

Last weekend, Chris & I had a nice weekend in Hamilton, Matamata and Tirau! We met up with Wugga and his partner Nicola for a nice dinner and stopped by my friend J-Dub's birthday party. :)

J-Dub is an amazing baker and even started her own cupcake//baking business!

Photobucket
Check out:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/MissVonDoomsKitchen
based in Auckland!


Photobucket


Photobucket
my handsome husband :P


The next day we had an amazing brunch with mum-in-law in Matamata. I decided to be a tourist and take a photo in front of the Hobbiton sign! My in-laws actually live in Hobbiton errr Matamata where all the Hobbiton scenes in Lord of the Rings (and now The Hobbit) were actually filmed.


Photobucket
thrifted sixties plaid houndstooth coat | thrifted dress | scarf from Singapore | Cotton on shoes


Photobucket

Photobucket
I wore this vintage plaid houndstooth coat I found while thrifting in Napier/Hawke's Bay! I was so pleased with this. Smeagol wants my coat, "Me wants it." :P

It's difficult putting effort in dressing up when it's so cold out and half of my clothes are non-functional and a bit outrageous. I have lots of crazy bold patterns that don't go with anything else and may not be as age appropriate anymore. My life is an indefinite transition right now, so I haven't bought much in the past few years. I can't wait to (sensibly) reconstruct my wardrobe. How convenient since I'm going back home (USA) next week!


Photobucket
I'm waiting for my friend Frodo...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment & say hello! If you have one, I'll check out your blog too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...